Managing Projects using the Ms project 2016:
Microsoft Project (MS Project) Course:
- Acquire the relevant knowledge and skills required to manage projects efficiently and effectively
- Earn the requisite 35 PDUs required to take up the PMP certification exam
- Develop a working knowledge of Project Management and the use of Microsoft Project 2016 Software to effectively manage projects
- Master the skills to manage, execute and deliver projects successfully in line with global project management best practices
- Use Microsoft Project 2016 to effectively manage projects
This programme focuses on teaching participants how to use Microsoft Project. The competence acquired will assist them with project planning and management in a broad variety of contexts.
The Short Programme in Microsoft Project is designed for learners who are or who wish to work in a Project Management environment. This programme is an enhancement to any project management qualification.
It is project management software program designed to assist managers so they can achieve a successful outcome and the benefits of Project software grow with each new edition. Currently, the product on offer is Ms Project 2016. Microsoft Project training helps the trainees to stay abreast of the latest changes in contemporary project management, whether it is for personal use, or to train company employees for an upgrade in the organization. Microsoft Project training helps project managers assign resources to tasks, track progress, manage a budget and analyse workloads assigned to team members.
With Microsoft Project, managers are easily able to analyse resources, check budgets, evaluate timelines, measure progress, and anticipate resource needs. In addition to assisting project managers, Microsoft Project also enables team members to manage tasks, collaborate, submit time sheets, and flag issues and risks. Moreover, it helps executives to define business drivers, measure strategic impact of competing ideas, make funding decisions, and view project and resources status.
Why have Microsoft Project Certification/Training:
Microsoft Project Standard 2016 and Project Professional 2016, enables one to easily keep track of on-going projects, manage resources, schedule tasks, and stay on top of the project budget.
Secondly, the program is designed to help the learner do more, faster, Project templates allow one to use best-in-class project plans and start inputting project information quickly. This way, one gets organized, start tracking on going work, and start moving the project (and the team) in the right direction.
Thirdly, in order to help reduce inefficiencies, Microsoft Project includes a range of automated features, including automatically populated start and end dates based on project managers dependencies, and the Task Inspector tool, which can help you gain efficiencies by helping one to identify task and resource arrangements that may not have been considered.
Timelines: Because most projects aren’t strictly linear, Project Standard and Project Professional allow you to create multiple timelines within a single project. This way, one can visualize, and help others understand, the complexities and intricacies of the project’s schedule. This helps the project team see how each member contributes to the project – and when – and who is relying on who for critical information, etc. in order to complete the assigned task.
Lastly, Timelines and project information are easily shareable when you use Microsoft Project. This is done by copying information from Project and paste it into ones favorite Office application, like PowerPoint or Word, and send it to the rest of the project team. One can also store project artifacts in OneDrive, so the rest of the team members can refer to them at any time – from virtually anywhere.
Upon completion of this short course, you should be able to:
- Use project management terminology and understand its basic principles.
- Develop a project plan incorporating tasks.
- Create and assign project resources.
- Resolve over-allocated project resources.
- Display and edit projects in various views.
- Update project progress.
- Manage and report project costs and progress.
- Accrue 14 PDU’s towards retaining PMP credential.
MS Project course topics:
- Creating a project plan
- Managing and configuring tasks in Project
- Understanding and managing resources
- Integrating data with other Microsoft applications
- Tracking costs
- Viewing project information visually
- Project Management 101
- Navigate and Customize the Project 2013 Interface
- Add Tasks to a Project
- Add Resources to a Project
- Save a Project
- Manage Project Time Frames
- Change Working Time
- Manage Project Tasks
- Add Summary Tasks and Milestones
- Manage Project Resources
- Allocate and Level Work Resources
- Print Project Views
- Share Projects
- Export Projects
Ms Project Part 2
- Link Projects
- Baseline a Project
- Work with Custom Fields
- Change a Task List
- Create a Network Diagram
- Manage the Critical Path
- Use Lag and Lead
- Analyze Earned Value
- Use View Commands
- Use Existing Views
- Create Custom Views
- Format and Share the Timeline View
- Use Existing Reports
- Create Custom Reports
- Export Visual Reports
This is a three day Microsoft certification Training.
Option I: Internal Certificate from Novel Multimedia academy:
The trainees will undergo the standard MS Project training by our trainer then awarded a certificate of competence at the end of the 3 days.
Option II: International Certification from Microsoft:
This will require that at the end of the training, the participants sit for an MS exam which they must pass for them to be awarded Microsoft certification. The certificate will come straight from the Microsoft Imagine academy and be send to individual e-mail addresses of the participants.